Social Impact Assessment & CSR
India is emerging as a social innovation hub of the world, wherein innovative business models that combine profit with social goods would be the country's best-known export in the next five years. Industrial or Developmental Projects that involve land acquisition often lead to economic and/or physical displacement of people resulting in long-term hardship for affected people in addition to environmental damage to the locations in which they get resettled. Such potentially negative consequences are contrary to the developmental objectives of projects supported by World Bank or International Finance Corporation or Asian Development Bank or even Ministry of Environment and Forest, Govt. of India.
JMEPL has developed expertise to assess the Socioo-economic Impact to the affected people/families and to develop state of art Social Impact Assessment Report and Resettlement Action Plan as normally required by International Funding Organizations viz. World Bank, Asian Development Bank or International Finance Corporation.
JMEPL has developed tools and expertise that involves:-
- Identification of project impacts and affected populations
- a legal framework for land acquisition and compensation
- a compensation framework
- a description of resettlement assistance and restoration of livelihood activities
- a detailed budget
- an implementation schedule
- a description of organizational responsibilities
- a framework for public consultation, participation, and development planning
- a description of provisions for redress of grievances
- a framework for monitoring, evaluation, and reporting
Preparation of Social Impact Assessment(SIA) & Resettlement Plan for M/s. Prism Cement Ltd. In this project we had prepared the SIA report as per IFC guidelines which includes project preparation manual, carrying out survey of project affected families, land assessment , formulation of resettlement action plan & formulation of database of the survey conducted, The Projects is funded by EKF Denmark